The third edition of “Fare Cinema” (“Making Cinema”) Film Festival, an initiative by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation to promote Italian cinema and the Italian film industry worldwide, will take place online from 15 to 21 June 2020.
As in previous years, “Fare Cinema” will focus on “the art of film-making”, highlighting the wide array of expertise and professionalism in the Italian film industry. This year the festival will also pay tribute to Federico Fellini and Alberto Sordi, on the 100th anniversary of their births. The first ever International Day of Italian Film will be celebrated on 20 June.
Throughout the week, content dedicated to the Italian cinema and film industry will be available on the RaiPlay platform, with subtitles in English, French and Spanish:
- masterclasses of two Italian cinema experts (Gianni Canova and Gianfranco Angelucci) dedicated to the life and career of Federico Fellini and Alberto Sordi and to Italian contemporary cinema;
- 14 videolessons on the different careers available in the film industry;
- “Offstage” and “At school with Raimovie” – documentaries dedicated to the professions of actors and screenwriter;
- A special tribute to Federico Fellini, including the series “Fellini in Frames” (from the archives of the Istituto Luce Cinecittà) and a virtual tour of the exhibition “One hundred years. Fellini in the world”.
- Selected Italian films, short films and documentaries recently released.